Code of Conduct
POLICY: Member Code of Conduct
POLICY TYPE: Membership
POLICY NUMBER: M – 3.1
DATES DRAFTED/UPDATED: 2013
DATES OF APPROVAL: October 15th, 2013
This Code of Conduct forms part of the Terms and Conditions of Membership with the Energizer Health & Fitness Club (the Energizer). It is designed to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of the facilities for all members. Failure to abide by this Code may result in a warning, the termination of membership, or the notification of the proper authorities as the situation may warrant.
- Members are to treat fellow members, volunteers, and staff with courtesy and respect.
- The health, safety and privacy of members are the top concern for the Energizer and shall not be compromised at any time.
- Members are all responsible for conducting themselves in a way that will not compromise the safety or enjoyment of other members.
- The Code is not meant to be exhaustive, and all members are expected to behave in a manner that aligns with the spirit of the Code.
The term ‘Member’ throughout this document refers to the person/persons making use of the Energizer Health Club which can include but is not limited to, members, volunteers, & staff.
The term ‘Facilities’ throughout this document refers to the Energizer facilities located in ATB PLACE in Edmonton, Alberta.
Health & Safety
- No food is to be consumed within the facilities unless otherwise permitted by the Board of Directors and provided by the Energizer for special purposes/functions.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the facilities and anyone suspected of being in a state of inebriation (or any other condition that would compromise a member’s ability to safely use the facilities) will be prevented from making use of the facilities and services and asked to leave.
- Drinks must be contained in closed unbreakable containers (no glass containers allowed in the facilities).
- Equipment must not be modified or used in a manner other than that for which it was intended.
- Please return the equipment to appropriate storage racks or back to where it belongs.
- Members must inform the Energizer Manager of any changes to their health that would result in a change to their responses to the initial membership screening questions.
- Members must abide by instructions related to health, safety and appropriate conduct issued by the Board, Management, & Staff and must also follow any other written health and safety instructions posted in the Energizer.
Respect for Other Members
- Respect is paramount in creating a safe space for all members.
- On the topic of mobile phones and personal electronic devices, members must observe the following:
- Headphones must be used and the volume kept at a reasonable level.
- Use of any device with camera/recording features is not permitted in the locker rooms due to privacy concerns.
- Before taking pictures or recordings in the facility, consent must be obtained from any person whose image or voice is captured and from the Energizer Board or Facility Manager.
- Members must wipe equipment with the products provided after use.
- Members are expected to let other members work-in on equipment between sets and not occupy equipment for prolonged periods.
- Members are expected to use the sign-up board for the cardio equipment and must limit their use to 20 minutes per machine particularly during peak periods (lunch hour).
- Members are expected to be respectful and courteous of fellow members (keep noise at an appropriate level while you are in the facilities).
- Members must not shout, use foul or abusive language or otherwise behave in a threatening or intimidating manner.
Personal Cleanliness & Attire
- Personal hygiene must be maintained and members must make every effort to deodorize before & after using the facilities.
- Footwear and clothing must be clean and odour-free.
- Appropriate exercise clothing and shoes must be worn when using the facilities, including non-marking soled shoes in the studio. No sandals, jeans, or open-toed shoes are to be worn (i.e. street clothes). Tops must be worn at all times.
- Footwear should be worn in the shower & change area for your own foot protection.
Respect for the Facilities & Service
- Members are expected to use their key fob to access the facilities.
- Members must not ‘tailgate’ or prop open the door to allow access to others.
- Members must not allow others to make use of their key fob or enable access to the facilities to anyone who is not a member.
- Litter must be placed in the bins provided.
- Weights or other equipment from the main workout area are not permitted in the studio area and members are expected to return all equipment to where it belongs.
- Day use lockers may be utilized during your workout only. Lockers are checked daily and any items left will be removed.
- All belongings must be stored in a locker or on the hangers provided while using the facility.
- Members must report any damage or suspected damage to equipment or facilities to the Energizer staff. Members should not attempt to do repairs themselves.
- All complaints are to be directed to staff on duty or the Energizer Manager within 24 hours of the incident occurring (or as soon as possible if doing so within 24 hours is not possible). For further details, please refer to the Complaint Policy.